HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
PSW Group is searching for an onsite HR Coordinator to support the Magretech plant operations. This position is the conduit for positive employee and management relations and will also be accountable for other human resources generalist responsibilities. Additionally, this role will also be instrumental in working with the PSW Group team with various administrative and operational tasks to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of HR processes. This role involves supporting the HR Business Parter and plant operations.
This position will assist with the administration and coordination of policies and programs. This position will report to the HR Business Partner and have dotted line reporting to the HR Director at PSW Group.
The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for the administrative and operational tasks and to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of HR related processes and policies throughout plant operations. This role involves supporting managers and employees while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Assist in the orientation and onboarding process for new hires.
- Maintains and updates employee records, both electronic and physical, when applicable.
- Assist with benefits enrollment and changes and maintains benefit records and reports.
- Address employee inquiries regarding benefits.
- Works alongside HR Business Partners and assists in projects and daily activities.
- Is open to being mentored by HR Business Partner and accepts feedback for growth and development opportunities.
- Records, communicates, and assists with Safety and Workers’ Compensation protocols and the administration of Workers Comp claims.
- Assists with HR statistical analysis and the preparation of reports and communicates data and trends.
- Creates and/or assists in creating HR relevant materials, posts on social media channels for HR brands.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university and 2+ yrs relevant HR experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of HR laws, regulations and best practices.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively.
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly and yearly work.
- Must be able to establish good working relationships with management, colleagues and employees.
- Must present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must be patient and congenial with employees, supervisors, and managers.
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant or warehouse center. The environment will include, at times walking onto the plant production floor where there is weather and nonweather related hot or humid conditions, extreme cold, working near moving mechanical parts or equipment.
- Noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office, but can be loud when on the production floor, warehouse or loading areas.
- Frequently required to sit.
Magretech, a PSW Group company, is dedicated to fostering an open, inclusive, and trusting culture where every employee feels valued and respected.
We treat all of our employees fairly and with respect and dignity, regardless of their position or background. We recognize that a diverse employee community makes an invaluable contribution to the Company’s goals and ideals, and we’re committed to maintaining a welcoming environment for all.
Our open-door policy encourages all employees to share their thoughts, concerns, and suggestions with management. We aim to foster a culture of trust and transparency, where employees feel empowered to speak up and be heard at all levels. We actively listen to our employees and provide them with honest, responsible feedback.
The safety and well-being of our employees is of utmost importance to us, and we strive to provide the safest working conditions possible by maintaining the highest standards of safety in everything we do. From providing proper training to implementing safety protocols, we take every step necessary to ensure that our employees are protected from harm and can work safely and with peace of mind.
At Magretech, we believe that our people are our greatest asset, and we’re dedicated to creating a workplace where they can thrive and grow.
COMP & BENEFITS
Our employees are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package that helps our employees stay healthy, work-life balanced and have a sense of security. Our benefits package includes a competitive salary, discretionary bonus, the ability to participate in a 401k plan with a company match, medical, dental, vision, life, disability and other types of group and induvial coverages.
ABOUT PSW GROUP and MAGRETECH
PSW Group is a leading recycler and producer of non-ferrous lightweight metals, specializing in magnesium and aluminum.
We supply a broad range of products including secondary magnesium alloys, primary and secondary aluminum alloys, and tolling and chip recycling services. Our international production facilities in North America, Europe, and Asia provide us with a cross-continental network of reliable supply that is unrivaled in the industry. Our team also stands at forefront of sustainability, by investing in technologies and processes to reduce our carbon footprint while maintaining the highest quality of our products.
PSW Group is committed to providing the highest quality raw materials to build your unique products and realize your most innovative ideas. Our products are widely used in the automotive, aerospace, communications, constructions, and electronics industries. By upholding the highest quality and environmental standards, we strive to provide consistent, superior, and sustainable lightweight solutions to meet, and exceed, our customers’ needs.
MagReTech is a PSW Group magnesium recycler based in Bellevue, Ohio that services the die casting, aluminum, sand casting, and aerospace industry. The company supplies secondary magnesium ingot while also providing tolling and chip recycling services. Our products are completely made of scrap.
While our operations are in the US, we are a part of a global network that spans three continents (Europe, Asia, and North America) a feat that is unparalleled in the industry. These three continents represent the overwhelming majority of magnesium scrap production in the world. By utilizing this network, we can enjoy unmatched security in our stable supply of magnesium scrap.
MagReTech is focused on the pursuit of innovation and excellence. By following our core values, we strongly believe we can continue to provide value to customers by setting the standard in magnesium recycling.
Magretech is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans’ status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
Job Type: Full-time, In-person
Pay: $19.34 – $23.29 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance